Home School Agreement
At Houghton School we pride ourselves on excellent partnerships with parents and carers. We have an open door policy and welcome feedback and ideas from our pupils and families. We also recognise that pupil outcomes benefit from close partner working and for this reason we have set out our expectations of how pupils, parents and the school can work together most effectively:
Provide a safe and stimulating environment.
- Keep parents and pupil informed about progress and how to improve.
- Talk promptly to parents if we are worried about any aspect of a child's learning or wellbeing.
- Be available to listen to concerns or questions.
- Provide care and guidance and promote Christian values.
- Encourage healthy, outdoor lifestyles.
- Provide enrichment opportunities through an imaginative curriculum and a range of extra-curricular choices.
Take an interest in their child's learning.
- Let the school know if there are any circumstances which might affect their child.
- Use guidance provided by the school to support learning and reading.
- Provide a suitable environment for homework to be completed.
- Ensure their child has sufficient sleep and attends school regularly.
- Ensure their child arrives on time with the correct equipment and uniform.
- Ensures school policies on healthy eating and safe travel are followed.
Keep to the school rules.
- Always try to be the best they can.
- Ask an adult if help or advice is needed.
- Talk to an adult if they are worried or upset.
- Make sure homework is done on time.
- Read regularly at home.