Our science curriculum closely follows the National Curriculum for subject content and skills. As a school we have also agreed the following vision for our pupils in the discipline of science:
- To develop curiosity and encourage children to ask questions about the world around them;
- To encourage a sense of awe and wonder about creation, the natural world and scientific discovery;
- To foster an awareness of how important our world is, and our responsibility to understand and care for it;
- To develop skills in practical problem-solving,, logical thinking, predicting, pattern-seeking and drawing conclusions;
- To recognise the contribution of influential scientists, currently and in the past;
- To develop an interest and understanding of the role of science in the real world and to provide career pathways within the sciences.
The school is part of the ENTHUSE project for STEM alongside other schools from Oadby Learning Partnership. Each year we promote STEM subjects through a STEM LEARNING enrichment week.