Check in to this page for all our information about how we are keeping our children, families and staff as safe as possible at the school, and for what to do if you or someone in your household has coronavirus symptoms or a positive test result.
If you need to contact us urgently out of school hours with a Covid-19 related matter, you can use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature (above 37.8 sustained over a few hours)
- A new continuous cough (one bout of coughing lasting over an hour, or several long bouts of coughing over a 24 hour period)
- A loss of sense of taste or smell
If your child has one or more of these symptoms they must not attend school, but must be taken for a test as soon as possible. Siblings and other household members must stay at home self-isolating until a test result is know. You do not need to go for a test unless you are symptomatic.
You must inform us as soon as possible:
- If someone in your household is symptomatic and has to have a covid swab test
- To notify us the result of any swab test
- Urgently if your child tests positive for Covid-19 (please use our out of hours email address if necessary email@example.com).
To keep everyone safe at Houghton School, we are:
- Keeping our bubbles of children separate from each other as much as we can, with staggered breaks and not moving around the school unless absolutely necessary;
- Asking all adults to take care to keep to 2m distancing both outside the building and inside, and to keep to our one way system;
- Ensuring everyone washes their hands frequently throughout the day;
- Doing lots of cleaning of surfaces and equipment during the day;
- Giving children their own resources as much as possible;
- Asking visitors, including parents at the reception hatch, to wear a face covering if they enter the building.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING US!